Personal Information Collection Statement
We do not collect personal or sensitive information unless it is necessary for the performance of our tasks or functions.
What your personal information is
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It would include the opinions of others about your work performance, (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements.
Personal information includes sensitive information as defined in privacy legislation. It could include, for example, relevant information about your health status or information obtained lawfully via a criminal history check.
Under privacy laws we only collect personal information if it is necessary for the performance of one or more of our tasks or functions and, subject to the exceptions set out in privacy law, we would not collect sensitive information without your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information?
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by Rocktown Pty Ltd for its own use and
on behalf of other members of Rocktown Pty Ltd who might require access to your personal and
sensitive information in connection with your work placements.
How your information will be collected
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit
one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you;
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- you provide us with any additional information about you your information will be used.
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement;
- your performance appraisals;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- our identification of your training needs;
- any workplace rehabilitation;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to…
- potential and actual employers and clients of Rocktown Pty Ltd.
- other members of Rocktown Pty Ltd.
- our insurers;
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- a Workers Compensation body;
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong. Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold. If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Privacy Coordinator whose details are shown above.
In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should contact Eimear – Privacy Co-ordinator email@example.com or 02 8753 1900 during normal office hours which are 8am – 5pm Mon – Friday. If you need to contact us about your personal or sensitive information urgently outside normal office hours you should contact after hours 1300 497 984
“Research indicates that Australians rank respect for personal information as the most important factor in customer service, ahead of quality of product, price and efficiency. Getting privacy right is good business.”
Federal Privacy Commissioner.
SYDNEY • Suite 110/160-166 Great North Rd. Five Dock 2046 • PO Box 1116 Ashfield NSW 1800
Ph: (02) 8753 1900 • Fax: (02) 8753 1911 • BRISBANE • Unit 1, 459 Tufnell Rd, Banyo QLD 4014
Ph: 07 3267 7399• Fax: 07 3267 7422 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • www.rocktown.net.au
ABN 18 122 450 711
Occupational Health and Safety Policy
Rocktown is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for all people at our workplace. The Company’s aim is to ensure everyone at our workplace is aware of their legal obligations regarding safety. Our goal is to make sure that everyone who comes to our workplace experiences a safe, productive and healthy environment. As part of its commitment to health and safety, the Company will:
- Comply with all applicable legislative occupational health and safety obligations;
- Implement a Safety Management System that is commensurate with the nature of our undertakings and minimizes or eliminates health and safety risk at the workplace;
- Identify and establish health and safety objectives, targets and strategies;
- Provide appropriate physical and financial resources necessary for the implementation, maintenance and adherence to our Safety Management System;
- Ensure that all workers receive instruction, training and supervision appropriate to their duties, skills and level of accountability;
- Ensure that all personnel who are responsible for the implementation and maintenance of our Safety Management System are appropriately trained;
- Establish and promote worker consultation throughout the workplace via the establishment of OH&S Committees and Safety Representatives;
- Encourage workers to participate in risk management and safety awareness programs relevant to the workplace; and
- Facilitate the expeditious return to work for workers who are injured.
Persons who fail to adhere to their safety obligations and protocols under Rocktown safety management systems will be removed from site. Non-compliance by workers and contractors may result in disciplinary action, including termination of employment, and/or cancellation of contract.